Most people get advanced imaging studies such as MRI or CT scans performed at a hospital rather than a independent diagnostic imaging center. Perhaps they believe mistakenly that hospitals can provide better quality images or that the charges at an independent imaging center may be high. Nothing could be further from the truth! Allow us to shatter these myths and then some.
- Technology and Expertise: The majority of accredited outpatient diagnostic imaging centers use up to date imaging equipment & the MRI or CT scans are performed by equally credentialed technologists and interpreted by board-certified radiologists.
- Costs: The cost of an MRI, CT or other radiology exams can be 2 to 6 times more in a hospital owned imaging center than in an independent diagnostic testing facility. Without sacrificing any quality or care, these imaging exams cost less because:
- Less overhead. Fewer layers of management than in hospitals and no government bureaucracy. Hospitals incur extra overhead because they must stay open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- More focused services. Independent diagnostic centers perform more common, non-invasive radiology tests designed for your convenience and savings.
- Compassionate and Caring Atmosphere: Sitting in a hospital waiting room awaiting your turn to undergo a procedure can be intimidating. An independent diagnostic imaging center affords a more personalized setting that allows you to relax knowing your care is in good hands.
- Convenience: Imaging center, like Houston MRI & Diagnostic Imaging offer multiple locations, a simple and easy appointment process and low wait times. Hospitals often offer patients one location and because of this, scheduling is more difficult, and wait-time can be quite lengthy due to emergency needs. Not to mention parking is easier, closer to the center and is free!
- Insurance Coverage: Another wrong assumption is that you need to have your imaging study performed at a hospital to receive insurance coverage. But in reality, non-hospital MRI and CT scan centers accept Medicare, Medicaid, and most commercial insurances.
For high-quality, advanced imaging studies at reduced costs visit Houston MRI ® & Diagnostic Imaging or call 713-425-8190 to book your appointment.
Our mission at Houston MRI ® & Diagnostic Imaging is to provide the patients and physicians with affordable medical diagnostic imaging in a warm and patient friendly environment. It is our goal to make the medical imaging procedure as pleasant as possible. Our promise to our communities is "hospital quality imaging without the hospital costs" with efficient service to both our patients and physicians.