When will my report and images be ready?
Your healthcare provider will have access to your report and images in approximately 1-2 business days after the exam is done.
How can I access my report and images directly?
Your report is viewable on the Patient Portal 5 business days after the day your imaging study was completed, and your images are viewable 3 business days after your imaging study was completed.
How do I access the Patient Portal or Create an Account?
- Go to www.HoustonMRl com and click “Patient Portal" on home page.
- Direct weblink to portal: https://patientportal.houstonmri.com
- Create an account if you do not have one already.
I am having issues creating an account, accessing my account, or viewing my images or report on the Patient Portal, what do I do?
- On the Patient Portal page, click “Get help" to contact us.
- Direct weblink for help: https://patientportal.houstonmri.com/Help#Contactlf
- Describe your problem and you will be contacted by a representative within 1-2 business days.
How do I obtain a CD of my images?
Your images are viewable on your Patient Portal account at no charge, anytime,
- Should you still desire to have a copy of your images on a CD, please contact the center where your imaging was performed, and they can provide you with the cost of providing a CD of your images.
- Healthcare providers can view your images on their provider portal account. If your healthcare provider already has a provider portal account, your images and report are automatically sent to your ordering healthcare provider from us upon completion of your imaging study.
How do I obtain a copy of my medical records?
You may view and print your medical records from your patient portal account at no charge, anytime. If you choose to not create a patient portal account, please contact the center where your imaging was performed, and they can discuss the cost of providing you with your medical records.
Can I download images to my computer?
Images cannot be downloaded from the Patient Portal. However, you can view them on the Patient Portal at no charge, anytime.
I have questions about my report and/or images. How do I speak with the radiologist?
Radiologists do not speak to patients at all without your healthcare provider's permission. The radiologic report is a communication between the radiologist and your ordering provider. All your questions regarding the report and images performed must be directed only to the health care provider that ordered your exam. The healthcare provider can reach out to the radiologist for further information if they think it is necessary.
* *STAT (URGENT) EXAMS: If your exam was ordered "STAT" (Urgent) it is important to understand that Houston MRI is not hospital affiliated, not an emergency room and not an urgent care clinic. Houston MRI is an Independent Diagnostic Imaging Facility. As such, test results are provided by our Radiologists only during normal business hours (M-F, 8:00 am- 5:00 pm). Procedures completed after 5:00 pm or on Saturdays will not be read until the following business day. If you have a medical emergency, please proceed to your nearest emergency room.**